The Graduate School provides full tuition support for the majority of doctoral students who hold an eligible graduate assistantship via the Graduate Assistant Support Program (GASP). Additionally, a small number of exemplary master's students obtain one or two years of (partial) tuition grants.
FAQ: How do I apply for tuition support from the Graduate school?
Answer: Apply to attend a graduate program at UNC Charlotte. If offered admission, the Graduate Program Director may either 1) provide funding support that includes tuition support for you, and/or 2) nominate you for tuition support from the Graduate School.
The tuition support process
- Student applies to UNC Charlotte graduate program
- Graduate Program Director recommends applicant for admission to the Graduate School; the Graduate School extends offer of admission
- Graduate Program Director recommends students for funding to the Graduate School; the Graduate School extends offer of funding support
- Students with offers of admission/funding must accept awards by April 15th (National Signing Day)
- The Graduate School deposits tuition award on student's University account (funds removed if offer is declined)
- Tuition funds appear in student's account once s/he registers for classes and charges are assessed by the Office of Student Accounts
Please note: Graduate School tuition support does not include University Fees or Program/College Tuition Increments.