The Graduate School provides full tuition support for the majority of doctoral students via the Graduate Assistant Support Program (GASP). More than 15% of Master's students obtain one or two years of tuition grants.
FAQ: How do I apply for tuition support from the Graduate school?
Answer: Apply to attend a graduate program at UNC Charlotte. If you are offered admission, doctoral programs may provide funding support that includes tuition support for you. Master's programs may make an offer of funding support to their most outstanding applicants.
The Tuition Support process
- Student applies to UNC Charlotte graduate program
- Graduate Program Director recommends applicant for admission to the Graduate School; the Graduate School extends offer of admission
- Graduate Program Directors recommend students for funding to the Graduate School; the Graduate School extends offer of funding support
- Student with offers of admission/funding accept by April 15th (National Signing Day)
- The Graduate School deposits tuition award in student's University account (funds removed if offer is declined)
- Tuition funds appear in student's account once s/he registers for classes and charges are assessed by the Office of Student Accounts
Please note: Graduate School tuition support does not include University Fees or Program/College Tuition Increments.