- Current Students
- Thesis and Dissertation Formatting
- Required Forms and Fees
- All doctoral students must hold a final dissertation defense by the deadline published here and on the Registrar’s calendar. The dissertation must be submitted to the committee for final review at least three (3) weeks prior to the date of the final defense. Along with the dissertation, students must share their iThenticate similarity report with the committee. (It is highly recommended that students upload their work to iThenticate well in advance. More information on how to access and use iThenticate can be found here.)
- Dissertation defenses must be announced online at least two weeks prior to the defense date. (This does not apply to master's thesis defenses.)
- Final Defense Documents: The Final Defense Report must be signed by your committee on the day of the final defense. The Final Defense Report is submitted to the Graduate School in Cato Hall within ONE business day of your final defense.
- Dissertation and Thesis Submission and ETD Form: which you and your chair must sign is submitted with your signed title page (original signatures).
Doctoral ETD Form and title page should be sent to Aura Young;
Master's ETD form and title page should be sent to Julie Green or dropped off at the Graduate School in Cato Hall by the final submission deadline.
- Remit the $45 submission fee and the optional and additional copyright registration ($55) and hard-cover binding fees.
- Survey of Earned Doctorates: required for Ph.D students (Ed.D., DNP, and Master’s students are exempt). The Certificate of Completion will be forwarded automatically to Aura Young. Complete this by the final submission deadline.
- Create a ProQuest account and submit your dissertation or thesis through the ProQuest ETD Administrator pages by the final submission deadline.