For UNC Charlotte students only:
Each spring the Graduate School administers fellowships available only to outstanding UNC Charlotte graduate students. Awards begin in the upcoming academic year.
Offered through the Graduate School, funds are available to support program specific research or scholarship (e.g., thesis or dissertation research but not a class project). All you need to do is submit an application through the NinerScholars portal. You will be notified of any awards for which you qualify. To apply, please visit the NinerScholars portal which includes the information for each award.
A $3,000 grant for master’s or doctoral mathematical, computer science or information technology research, plus $750 travel allowance.
$2,000 grant plus NC resident tuition for a first-year U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident master’s or doctoral student conducting research to address societal issues.
$1,000 needs-based award for a master’s or doctoral student in a health-related program.
$20,000, tuition and fees, health insurance and $1,000 for travel for a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident doctoral student in the STEM disciplines.
$1,000 needs-based grant to a master’s or doctoral student.
$1,000 scholarship for a master’s student pursuing a degree in English or English Education.
Up to $1,500 for doctoral or master’s students to assist with costs often overlooked in other funding sources.
$1,000 award for non-traditional master's or doctoral students.
$1,000 grant for US resident master’s or doctoral students.
Graduate Program Director Nomination Only Awards
GPD Nominated. $18,000, tuition and health insurance for a newly admitted doctoral student.
GPD Nominated. $14,000 for a newly admitted U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident master’s student, $18,500 for a newly admitted doctoral student, both plus tuition. Doctoral students also receive health insurance.
GPD Nominated. $18,000 needs-based grant plus tuition and health insurance for a newly admitted, first-year doctoral student.
Competitive funding sources
A wide variety of public and private resources are available to help you find funding for graduate education. Here are selected ones:
- PIVOT - UNC Charlotte licensed funding resource with more than $49 billion in funding available
- For Master's Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- For Doctoral Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- For Summer or Travel Fellowships - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- ARMACAD - Scholarships, summer schools, conferences, summer schools and more
- Grants.gov – Collection of funding resources sponsored by the U.S. Government
- AAAS Science "Where to Search for Funding" from Science Magazine
- STEM Graduate Student Funding resources from the U.S. Government
- Graduate and Postdoc funding source database from UCLA