For UNC Charlotte Students Only
Each spring the Graduate School administers fellowships available only to outstanding UNC Charlotte graduate students. Awards begin in the upcoming academic year.
Offered through the Graduate School, funds are available to support program specific research or scholarship (e.g., thesis or dissertation research but not a class project). All you need to do is submit an application through the NinerScholars portal. You will be notified of any awards for which you qualify. To apply, please visit the NinerScholars portal which includes the information for each award.
A $3,000 grant for master’s or doctoral mathematical, computer science or information technology research, plus $750 travel allowance.
$2,000 grant plus NC resident tuition for a first-year US resident master’s or doctoral student conducting research to address societal issues.
GPD Nominated. Review criteria. $18,000, tuition, fees and health insurance for a newly admitted doctoral student.
$1,000 needs-based award for a master’s or doctoral student in a health-related program.
GPD Nominated. Review criteria. $10,000 for a newly admitted US resident master’s student, $15,000 for a newly admitted doctoral student, both plus tuition. Doctoral students also receive health insurance.
$20,000, tuition and fees, health insurance and $1,000 for travel for a US resident doctoral student in the STEM disciplines.
$1,000 needs-based grant to a US resident master’s or doctoral student.
GPD Nominated. Review criteria. $18,000 needs-based grant plus tuition, fees and health insurance for a newly admitted, first-year doctoral student.
$1,000 scholarship for a US resident master’s student pursuing a degree in English or English Education.
GPD Nominated. Review criteria. $18,000 for a newly admitted, first-year US resident doctoral or master’s students, plus tuition for veterans of US Armed Forces. Doctoral students also receive health insurance.
Up to $1,500 for doctoral or master’s students to assist with costs often overlooked in other funding sources.
$1,000 grant for US resident master’s or doctoral students.
Competitive Funding Sources
A wide variety of public and private resources are available to help you find funding for graduate education. Here are selected ones:
- PIVOT - UNC Charlotte licensed funding resource with more than $49 billion in funding available
- For Master's Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- For Doctoral Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- For Summer or Travel Fellowships - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- ARMACAD - Scholarships, summer schools, conferences, summer schools and more
- Grants.gov – Collection of funding resources sponsored by the U.S. Government
- AAAS Science "Where to Search for Funding" from Science Magazine
- STEM Graduate Student Funding resources from the U.S. Government
- Graduate and Postdoc funding source database from UCLA