Working on a course paper? A thesis or dissertation chapter? A journal article? If so, then join us for some concentrated writing time!
The Write Time & Place is inspired by Shut Up & Write (https://thesiswhisperer.com/shut-up-and-write/). This weekly event provides structured writing time for graduate students. Students who participate in structured writing times find that they:
- Are more productive and more motivated
- Feel less alone and less overwhelmed
This event does not provide writing instruction. Instead, it is a time for you to spend time actively writing and to improve your writing productivity.
During The Write Time & Place, writers will:
- Declare writing-related SMART goals at the beginning of the session
- Use the Pomodoro Technique to maximize productivity
- Spend the session actively working to meet their writing goals
- Report what they were able to accomplish on their writing goals
Please bring your laptop, paper, pens, and other materials that you will need for this active writing session. If you need a laptop, please borrow one from Atkins: https://library.uncc.edu/atkins/laptoplendingdetails
Make the commitment to progress on your writing by registering for The Write Time & Place!