Dates of Retreat: Monday, May 21 - Thursday, May 24: 10:00am-4:00pm
The Dissertation Writing Retreat provides a multi-day opportunity for doctoral students to devote focused time and attention to one goal: making progress on their dissertations. The writing retreat offers a quiet space to work, structured writing time, and writing-related resources and support because all participants are actively engaged in writing their dissertations. The retreat also serves to decrease the sense of isolation that many doctoral students feel during the dissertation process.
A non-refundable registration fee which covers costs related to supplies and instruction is required. Please see the three-tiered fee structure below. Payment must be received by Wednesday, May 16. Submit via web link or the mobile-friendly site.
- $15 for all enrolled UNC Charlotte doctoral students
- $25 for all faculty/staff who are trying to finish their dissertation
- $50 for members of the community
You should sign up for the Writing Retreat if you:
- Have an approved topic and the permission of your chair
- Need help with managing time and/or writing goals
- Are able to commit to all days of the Retreat
You should NOT sign up for the Writing Retreat if you are:
- Still completing your coursework
- Looking for a workshop on the basics of writing a dissertation
- Conducting research and/or reading
- In need of space to work on another writing project
Questions? Email Aura Young, Graduate Completion Specialist