- Current Students
- Graduation Clearance
Getting started: How to access and use iThenticate
- You must apply to graduate in order to gain access to iThenticate. It may take up to 24 hours before the system gives you access.
- To open an account, please click this link.
- You should upload and share your work at least three weeks prior to your final defense
- Upload your entire document, including abstract.
- When submitting a dissertation for committee review, the only allowable exclusions are for quotations and the bibliography. Do not exclude small phrases, the abstract, etc.
- Add users with whom to share your work. If your committee members have not activated their account, you will need to download your report as a PDF file to share.
- Do not simply look at the resulting similarity index--a percentage that may seem shockingly high. Instead, you and your dissertation committee must review and interpret the report. If you find that you have unintentionally plagiarized, this is your chance to correct the oversight.
- By signing the Final Defense Report, the dissertation committee verifies that they have reviewed the Similarity Report and have found that the work is original and properly cited. As always, the Final Defense Report is also verification that the student successfully passed the final defense.
- For instructions on how to submit your work to iThenticate, please view this short video.
- For how to interpret a Similarity Report, please watch this short video.
- For sharing your report, see this video.